Confirmed moderators at the International Congress
Overview of confirmed moderators
German Biogas Association
Since July 2021, Dirk Bonse holds the position as head of department for renewable gases at the German Biogas Association. His responsibilities include coordinating work in the areas of biomethane, biogenic hydrogen for use in the electricity, heat and transport sectors, querying the needs as well as giving advise to biogas plant operators and companies by creating concepts to improve the industry's framework conditions related to the utilisation of biomethane and biogenic hydrogen. Dirk has been associated with the industry for more than ten years: As former sales and project manager as well as an independent consultant, renewable gases, including biogenic hydrogen from biogas and synthesis gas are his specialty. The material or energetic use of digestates, for example, is also one of his areas of expertise, alongside with material utilisation of such gases, including CO2 capture and use.
Rostock University, CIMAC Deutschland President
- since 2016: Professorship (Senior Professor) for Piston Machines and Internal Combustion Engines at the University of Rostock
- 2008 - 2016: Managing director of FVTR GmbH
- 2008: Doctorate in engineering at the University of Rostock
- 1990 - 1996: Mechanical engineering studies at University of Rostock and University of Southampton
- President of CIMAC Germany – VDMA Large Engines
- Member of Consulting Committee for the „Maritime Research Programme“ at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
Chairman of the Board, German Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association e. V. (DWV)
- 2000 to 2008 Authorized signatory/project manager Uckerwerk Energietechnik GmbH/ENERTRAG AG
- 2001 to 2016 Managing Partner of ENERTRAG Systemtechnik GmbH
- 2008 to 2013 Management Board member of ENERTRAG AG
- since 2013 managing partner of PtXSolutions GmbH
- since 2011 Spokesman of the Initiative for Wind Hydrogen (performing energy) and member of the Federal Energy Commission of the German Economic Council
- since 2014 Chairman of the Board of DWV
- since 2016 Member of the Board of Hydrogen Europe
Waste-Based Fuels Association (MVaK)
- 2015 - today: Mittelstandsverband abfallbasierter Kraftstoffe e.V. (MVaK) Managing Director
- 1986 - 2015: ADM - Archer Daniels Midland Company, Apprenticeship and various management positions
- 2019 - today: European Waste-to-Advanced Biofuels Association (EWABA) Board member
- 2019 - today: Arbeitsgemeinschaft Qualitätsmanagement Biodiesel e.V. (AGQM) Board member
Jörg Fischer has been Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of EnviTec Biogas AG since June 2007. He is responsible for Financing, Accounting, IT and Business Development. Before joining the biogas plant manufacturer, Fischer worked for Bremer Landesbank. Most recently, as head of the project financing team, he was responsible for the strategic expansion of the business unit, planning and controlling processes and key account management with a focus on renewable energies.
Born in Bremen, he began his career in 1991 in the payment transactions department at the Landeszentralbank Bremen. After further positions at the Landeszentralbank Cuxhaven, the graduate in business administration and economics and moved on to Bremer Landesbank in 1999.
Jörg Fischer studied business administration at the Fachhochschule der Deutschen Bundesbank in Hachenburg and economics at the University of Bremen as well as New School University and Columbia University, New York.