Confirmed moderators at the International Congress
Overview of confirmed moderators
Union for the Promotion of Oil and Protein Plants (UFOP) and Board of Directors of the German Bioenergy Association (BBE).
Studied agricultural sciences at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen with a focus on agricultural economics and agricultural policy; graduated as agricultural engineer (Dipl.-Ing. agr.). After his studies, he worked as a self-employed expert for a large livestock insurer and as a scientific assistant to a member of the German parliament. 1998 Change to the German Raiffeisen Association e.V. (DRV), where he was responsible for various product areas; from June 2003, set-up of the new association office in Berlin. In 2006, advisor to the working group on food, agriculture and consumer protection of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group in the Bundestag. Since 2012, managing director of the Union for the Promotion of Oil and Protein Plants e.V. (UFOP).
German Biogas Association
Since July 2021, Dirk Bonse holds the position as head of department for renewable gases at the German Biogas Association. His responsibilities include coordinating work in the areas of biomethane, biogenic hydrogen for use in the electricity, heat and transport sectors, querying the needs as well as giving advise to biogas plant operators and companies by creating concepts to improve the industry's framework conditions related to the utilisation of biomethane and biogenic hydrogen. Dirk has been associated with the industry for more than ten years: As former sales and project manager as well as an independent consultant, renewable gases, including biogenic hydrogen from biogas and synthesis gas are his specialty. The material or energetic use of digestates, for example, is also one of his areas of expertise, alongside with material utilisation of such gases, including CO2 capture and use.
Rostock University, CIMAC Deutschland President
- since 2016: Professorship (Senior Professor) for Piston Machines and Internal Combustion Engines at the University of Rostock
- 2008 - 2016: Managing director of FVTR GmbH
- 2008: Doctorate in engineering at the University of Rostock
- 1990 - 1996: Mechanical engineering studies at University of Rostock and University of Southampton
- President of CIMAC Germany – VDMA Large Engines
- Member of Consulting Committee for the „Maritime Research Programme“ at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
German Biogas Association
After studying agricultural sciences at the Technical University of Munich -Weihenstephan and the Technical University of Berlin, he earned his doctorate at the Institute of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition at Georg August University in Göttingen. The aim of his doctoral thesis was to develop microbiological strategies for reducing methane formation in the rumen. During this time and during his work as a postdoctoral scientist at the University of Ghent, Belgium, there were repeated overlaps with questions on targeted methane production in the biogas digester. In April 2000, he took over the management of Fachverband Biogas e.V. and is still the association's chief executive. In February 2019, he took over the management of BEE together with Wolfram Axthelm, BWE. Mr. da Costa Gomez is a member of the board of the German Bioenergy Association (BBE) as well as a member of the board of the European Renewable Energies Federation (EREF). With over 4,800 members, Fachverband Biogas e.V. is Europe's largest representative body for the biogas industry. It represents manufacturers, plant constructors and agricultural and industrial biogas plant operators throughout Germany. The biogas industry has created more than 45,000 jobs, mostly in rural regions.
Chairman of the Board, German Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association e. V. (DWV)
- 2000 to 2008 Authorized signatory/project manager Uckerwerk Energietechnik GmbH/ENERTRAG AG
- 2001 to 2016 Managing Partner of ENERTRAG Systemtechnik GmbH
- 2008 to 2013 Management Board member of ENERTRAG AG
- since 2013 managing partner of PtXSolutions GmbH
- since 2011 Spokesman of the Initiative for Wind Hydrogen (performing energy) and member of the Federal Energy Commission of the German Economic Council
- since 2014 Chairman of the Board of DWV
- since 2016 Member of the Board of Hydrogen Europe